Gist of the instructions/ Guidelines issued by Postal Directorate at three level for fruitful implementation of New Pension Scheme in respect of Employees appointed on or after 01.01.2004.
1. At Circle Level
- Copy of every appointment letter and joining report of the new entrants to Government service on or after 01.01.2004 and onwards, must be endorsed to the concerned director of Accounts (Postal).
- A monthly-consolidated statement of new entrants to Government service should be furnished to Directors of Accounts (Postal) in the Ist week of the month following the month of appointment/ Joining of the new entrants
- The Head of Circles are also required to keep liaison so as to monitor the correctness of data regarding new entrants, their contribution and the matching contribution of the employer.
- In case there is no appointment during a month, a NIL report must be sent to the Director of Accounts (Postal).
2. At DDO’s level:
- DDO’s must obtain the Names, Designation, Scale of Pay, Date of Birth, nominee for the Fund, Relationship of the nominee etc. from the entrants on their joining.
- DDO’s to paste one copy of the above in Service Book and another copy must be sent to Director of Accounts (Postal) concerned.
- Ensure separate Pay Bill for new entrants.
- First salary drawls intimation to Director of accounts (Postal) for Number of new entrants.
- A NIL report must be furnished for non-recruitment.
- First recovery from the salary of the month following the month of Joining of the Government servant.
- Tier-I recovery is 10% Basic Pay+DP+DA+NPA now it is 10% of Band Pay+ Grade Pay+ DA+NPA.
- Separate bill for drawing matching contribution i.e. Employer’s share.
- Annual Increment is to be accounted for reckoning employees as well as Employer’s contribution.
- DA arrear /arrear of Pay reckoned for employees and employers contribution.
- Indicate Unique (PPAN) number now (PRAN) and month up to which government Employees as well as Employer’s Contribution transferred in LPC of the officer / officials transferred.
- No GPF Contribution for new entrants.
- The DDO will be held responsible for any lapse in following of the above instructions.
- Noting of PPAN/PRAN in Service Book of the officials.
- Forwarding of S1 (physical forms) for registration of subscribers with CRA to PAOs
3. At Director of Accounts (Postal) level :
- Assignment of PRAN No. to subscribers by NSDL on receipt of first information from DDO’s well before drawl of II salary. Previously it was 16 digits unique number and now it is 12 digits unique number.
- To match the number of the new entrant’s figures on the basis of reports received with the Circle figures.
- To reconcile the difference in number of new entrants.
- To ensure correct classification of Contribution.
- Branch Officers of the concerned Postal Accounts Office should ensure that the complete information is sent and must certify the correctness of the information.
- Submission of physical form (S1) to NSDL Facilitation Centers.
- Uploading of SCF to NPS-CAN (NSDL Software) for transfer of funds through Trustee Bank.
- Strict over matched and booked figures.
For Further Reading,