Selection of Administrative Members of the Armed Forces Tribunal.
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
Subject: - Selection of Administrative Members of the Armed Forces Tribunal.
Applications are invited from eligible serving or retired officers of Army, Navy and Air Force for appointment to nine posts of Administrative members (two each in Principal Bench of AFT(PB), New Delhi; Regional Bench of AFT in Lucknow and Chandigarh and one each in Regional Bench of AFT in Mumbai, Guwahati and Kochi) that are likely to become available in the month of June, 2013.
2. Sub-Section 3 of Section 6 of the AFT Act 2007 as amended vide SRO 18(E) dated 21.07.2008 provides that:
"A person shall not be qualified for appointment as an Administrative Member unless:
(a) he has held or has been holding the rank of Major General or above for a total period of atleast three years in the Army or equivalent rank in the Navy or Air Force; or
(b) he has served for not less than one year as Judge Advocate General in the Army or the Navy or the Air Force, and is not below the rank of Major General, Commodore and Air Commodore respectively.
Explanation- When a serving person is appointed as an Administrative Member, he shall have retired from service prior to assuming such appointment.”
3. Section 8 of the Act ibid provinces that-
"A Member shall hold office for a term of four years from the date on which he enters upon his office and shall be eligible for re-appointment:
Provided that no Member shall hold office as such Member after he has attained the age of sixty-five years”.
4. A Member shall receive salary of Rs. 80,000/-(fixed). The terms and conditions of service of Administrative Members shall be governed by the AFT Act and AFT (Salaries, Allowances and Conditions of Service of Chairperson and Members) Rules, 2009.
5. The selected persons are liable to be posted to any place having a Bench of the Armed Forces Tribunal and the appointment shall carry an All India transfer liability.
6. Eligible officers may forward their applications alongwith their bio-data and the details whether or not the applicant is/was involved in any disciplinary/vigilance case, directly to the Ministry of Defence, by 15th November, 2012, at the following address:
Shri Rajesh Lakhera
Ministry of Defence
Armed Forces Tribunal Cell
Room No. 308-A, ‘B’ Wing,
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011.
(Sameer Kumar Khare)
Joint Secretary (E/PG)
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
For Latest Updates Always visit http://satish24k.blogspot.in Share and Care
For Further Reading,