New Trains at a Glance 2014-15 comes into effect from 1st September 2014
The Ministry of Railways has released its new All Indian Railway Time Table known as “TRAINS AT A GLANCE (TAG)” which has come into effect from 1st September, 2014. In addition to the “Trains at a Glance”, all the 17 Zonal Railways have released their Zonal Railway Time Tables which have also come into effect from 1st September 2014. Passengers are advised to refer to the new timings w.e.f. 1st September 2014 before starting the journey. The new Trains at a Glance is being shortly uploaded on Indian Railways’ official website i.e. www.indian railways.gov.in.
The salient features of Trains at a Glane-2014 are as under:
1. Encouraged by the public response over the past few years all the user-friendly of Trains at a Glance viz. how to read a table, route map, station index, trains between important stations, station code index, Train number index, Train name inside has been retained.
2. Commercial information of passenger use and interest viz. advance reservation period, reservation through internet, Tatkal scheme, Refund rules and rail travel concessions have been suitably updated.
3. Information regarding Vigilance organization, Public grievance machinery, disaster management and catering services have been incorporated.
4. Railway Budget 2014-15 announcements: The Mail/Express services (introduction, extension and increase in frequency of the existing services) that have been announced in the Railway Budget – 2014 (i.e. In February 2014 and July 2014)/announced in the Parliament have been incorporated in the new Trains at a Glance i.e. 138 new Introductions, 15 Extension and 5 increase in frequency of existing services. The details of these train services are given in Table 1 below.
5. For the first time, connectivity to Katra station (in State of Jammu & Kashmir)and Naharlagun (Itanagar) the capital city of State of Arunachal Pradesh has been provided and have been included in Trains at a Glance 2014-15. Further Mendipathar in Meghalaya will be included in the Zonal Time table (as Guwhati-Mendipathar passenger has been announced in the Railway Budget).
6. In addition to the brief description of Rajdhani, Duronto, Shatabdi, Jan-Shatabdi, Sampark Kranti, Double Decker, Yuva Express in the early pages of Trains at a Glance 2014-15, Description of PREMIUM TRAINS with commercial stoppages has also been provided in the early pages.
7. Some important stations (new stations) have also been incorporated in the Trains at a Glance, viz. Naharlagun, Murkongselek, Baiyapanahalli, Harmuti etc.
For Further Reading,