Holiday for Vijay Dashmi – Dussehra on 14.10.2013
The COC Karnataka has taken up the issue with CGEWCC – KARNATAKA and Secretary General Confederation, the matter is in process
CGEWCC – KARNATAKA
(Central Government Employees Welfare Co-ordination Committee)
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF COMMISSIONER OF INCOME TAX BANGALORE – I,
CENTRAL REVENUE BUILDINGS, QUEENS ROAD, BANGALORE-560001
Ph No. 22868044, 22864273 Ext. 512
F. No. CGEWCC/CCIT/B-I/2013-14 Dated: 24.09.2013
Deputy Secretary (JCA)
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions,
Department of Personnel and Training,
Sub: Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices in the State of Karnataka during the year 2013.
Ref: 1. DOPT’s letter in F. No. 12/4/2012-JCA-2 dated 05.06.2012
2. This office letter in C. No. CGEWCC/CCO.Cus.(BZ)/2012 dated 29.11.2012
3. DOPT’s letter in F. No. 12/6/2012-JCA2 dated 05.12.2012
* * * * *
Please refer to the above.
2. In pursuance to the DOPT’s communication dated 5.6.2012 CGEWCC, Karnataka held the meeting on 5.11.2012 and variable holidays to be chosen from the list of holidays specified in para 3.1 were finalized and letter dated 29.11.2012 was sent to the DOPT.
3. In Para 2 of the above referred DOPT’s communication dated 5.6.2012, compulsory holidays for the offices located outside Delhi/New Delhi in item no. 6 in respect of holiday on account of Dussehra (Vijay Dashmi) holiday has been declared on . In the state of Karnataka Dussehra (Vijay Dashmi) is being celebrated on , the Govt. of Karnataka in its Gazette Notification dated 21.11.2012 notified the Holiday on account of Vijay Dashmi – Dussehra on. It is also pertinent to note that the world famous Jambu Savari procession takes place on the Vijay Dashmi day is held at Mysore, Karnataka on (copy of the Dasara Event published in the website is enclosed for ready reference)
4. It is to brought to the kind notice of Ministry of Personnel that the discretionary holidays have already been exercised by releasing 1. Sankranthi/Pongal – 14.01.2013, 2. Ugadi – 11.04.2013 & Ganesh
Chathurthi – 09.09.2013 as holidays by the CGEWCC, Karnataka and we are left with no further discretionary powers on this.
5. Several Departments/Associations have requested to declare holiday on raising the issue that in Karnataka, Dussehra(Vijay Dashmi) is being celebrated on . Hence, it is requested to examine the matter and issue necessary directions, as to whether holiday is to be declared on instead of , which is declared as per the holiday list communicated by the DOPT vide communication dated 05.06.2012.
(D. C. SHREEDHAR)
CGEWCC – Karnataka
1. Copy of the Holiday Notification of Govt. of Karnataka dated 19.11.2012.
2. Web page print about Jambu Savari of Mysore.
For Further Reading,