Appointment of direct recruit Assistants, Central Secretariat Service based on Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), 2012-reg.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
Dated the l4th August, 2013
Subject: Appointment of direct recruit Assistants, Central Secretariat Service based on Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), 2012-reg.
The undersigned is directed to nominate the successful candidates recommended by Staff Selection Commission based on the CGLE, 2012 to the various participating Ministries/ Departments (Cadre Units) of Central Secretariat Service as detailed in Annexure.
2. The procedure for joining and imparting training (Foundation Course) to direct recruit Assistants of CSS shall be as per the revised design detailed in this Department O.M. No 7/8/2008-CS I(A) dated 16.10.2012.
3. The Cadre Units shall be responsible for completing the pre and post appointment formalities viz, character and antecedents verification in accordance with the instructions issued from time to time, medical examination etc in respect of nominated DR Assistants. Those candidates who are already in Government servile, their present employers may be requested to furnish copies of Verification/Medical Report The Cadre Units shall issue offers of appointment to the DR Assistants only after completing pre -appointment formalities. In the offer it may be stated in clear terms, inter alia, the mandatory nature of Foundation Course and its direct linkage to their probation period and their subsequent confirmation.
4. The Cadre Units will immediately inform the CS.I Division about the nominated candidates who join the allocated Cadre Units. On their appointment the Cadre Units should immediately enter their complete data in the web based Cadre Management System. The appointed Assistants will be nominated by CS.I Division in batches to the Foundation Course programme at ISTM for a period of 12 weeks Once CS I Division nominates DR Assistants for the training, they shall stand relieved from the concerned Cadre Units. No formal relieving order would be required to be issued by the concerned Cadre Units. It is once again reiterated that the Cadre Units shall indicate in unambiguous terms in the offer of appointment that successful
completion of training is mandatory for completing the probation by the DR Assistants and their confirmation
5. In terms of this Departments OM. No.16/11/1993 dated 26/11/993 if offer of appointment is issued after completion of pre-appointment formalities, the time period allowed to join the post should in no case exceed three months. This condition should also be incorporated in the offer of appointment. After receiving verification and medical reports, the Cadre Units may issue the offer of appointment immediately to the candidates Cadre Units may also pursue the matter with the concerned District Authorities to expedite the matter so as to ensure that the candidates are appointed at the earliest.
6. The original certificates with reference to date of birth and educational qualification etc. shall be verified before appointments are made by the Cadre authorities. Copies of certificates submitted by candidates claiming to belong to the SC/ST/OBCs etc, may also be verified by the Cadre Units concerned.
7. In case of any doubt or suspicion as regards the eligibility or otherwise in respect of any of the recommended / appointed candidates, concerned administrative Ministry/ Department may correspond with the Staff Selection Commission giving therein complete details for getting such case(s) enquired through appropriate Government Agency.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
For Further Reading,