Steering Committee of Government Employees organisationsons on PFRDA Bill
Minutes of the Meeting of Steering Committee held on 15th October 2011
The meeting, as scheduled, commenced at 11.30 am.
The following were present.
1. Com Shiv Gopal Mishra, General Secretary, AIRF
2. " Sukomal Sen, Sr Vice President, AISGEF
3. " R Muthusundaram, Secretary General, AISGEF
4. " C Sreekumar, General Secretary, AIDEF
5. " SN Pathak, President, AIDEF
6. " SK Vyas, President, Confederation
7. " MS Raja, Secretary, Confederation
8. " VAN Namboodiri, President, BSNLEU
After detailed discussion the following decisions were taken.
1. The signature campaign would continue upto 20th November 2011 but at the same time the units shall be directed by each participating organisation to intimate the number of signatures obtained upto 15th November to CHQs of the respective Federations.
The signatures obtained shall be submitted on 25th November 2011.
Memorandum addressed to the Prime Minister shall be signed by the leaders of all participating organisations in the Steering Committee and Members of Parliament and dignitaries and the same shall be submitted to Speaker, Lok Sabha with a forwarding letter with a request to transmit it to the PM for consideration of the Parliament.
2. Each station has to communicate the number of participants in the March to Parliament by 15th November 2011.
The organisations present in the meeting stated their mobilisation for the March as below:
1. AIDEF - --- 5000
2. CONFEDERATION ---- 10000
3. BSNLEU ---- 3000
4. AIRF ----- 10000
5. AISGEF ----- 50000
Also, 3000 pensioners are expected to join the March to Parliament.
5. The Rally shall be from 11 am to 2 pm.
6. Central Trade Union leaders & MPs shall be invited to address the rally.
8. On the day the PFRDA bill is taken up for discussion, 2 hour demonstration shall be held in the work places/offices through out the country by the members of all the participating organisations.
9. Delhi based leaders of the participating organisations will meet on 19thNovember 2011 at 12 noon at AIRF office. Local leaders of all participating organisations shall be invited to the meeting.
10. The Steering Committee shall meet at 5 pm on 24th November 2011 at AIRF office.
For Further Reading,